A pair of tapestries manufactured by Aubusson mis. cm. 130 x 300"
Period : Second half of the 19th century
Aubusson (the medieval Albuconium), a small town on the River Creuse, in the center of France, was home to weavers already in medieval times; there were first tapestries and cloths, then carpets. At the time of Henry IV of Navarre Aubusson's textile manufactures received the protection of the king under whose patronage the Louvre and Savonnerie factories were opened. In 1601 he issued an edict which prevented the introduction of all woven tapestries outside France in France to protect the weavers in the area. Colorful chromatic system for this pair of tapestries; from the floral medallion, enclosed in a Greek geometric, a rich bou rides up"
Country of origin: MO (Modena) Italia
Strada San Martino di Mugnano, 73
Modena - MO (Modena) - Italia
Phone / Mobile: +39059460812 - +393356435935